Advertisement

What's For Dinner? || Who's Hungry? || **3** Meal and Snack Ideas || I say Supper

What's For Dinner? || Who's Hungry? || **3** Meal and Snack Ideas || I say Supper Welcome back supper fans!

First up, Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken and Rice. Easy peasy! Brought to you by sweetandsavorymeals.com.
I love this recipe because this is the first time that I cooked the rice in a separate bowl within the IP. Efficiency matters!!
I modified the original recipe slightly by not using sesame oil, instead I used coconut oil. And, the veggies can be totally customizable (apparently this isn't a real word? #spellcheck). She or maybe it's a he? used carrots but I had sweet red pepper, broccoli and shoot I forget. Watch the video because I thought I had 3 veggies. It was also recommended to do a cornstarch slurry after it cooked but I didn't bother. There were a couple other omissions but nothing that changed the flavor.

Asian Cucumbers
There are several inspirational recipes out there but here is what I did. Measurements approximate. Don't hate me because I can't measure.
2 cukes, mostly peeled, salted and sat room temp. Rinse and drain. One-quarter thinly sliced onion, 1 tsp grated ginger, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds mixed in with cukes.
1 T soy sauce, splash rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp turmeric, even less than 1/8 tsp chili pepper flakes, 1-2 T ginger ale (I had to add this because the soy sauce, vinegar combo was whew strong).

Football Snacks
Parm Dusted Taters
However many potatoes you want, washed and scrubbed. Unpeeled. Sliced thin. If doing a bunch, save yourself time (but yes, you will have dishes) and use a food processor, mandolin or box grater.
Rinse and rinse again.
Soak in cold water at least 15 minutes. Rinse and rinse again. Pat dry.
Heat peanut or canola oil (these are my frying preferences) to about 250. In batches, fry slices for 4-5 minutes. Remove to paper towel lined cookie sheet to sit for at least 10 minutes but no longer than 2 hours. Continue with more batches as necessary.
Increase heat to 350.
Fry the 2nd time for about 3-4 minutes. This is just by color really. Crisp those taters up as much or little as you want.
Top with whatever. Salt. Salt and pepper. Whatever. I used seasoning salt, garlic salt and parmesan cheese. I mean, we might as well sprinkled salt straight into our opened mouths. They were mah-velous.

Bacon-wrapped Lil Smokies
bacon, smokies, brown sugar, chili powder. Wrap, sprinkle and bake. Done.

Mini Pepperoni Calzones.
Seriously, just google it, most of the recipes are very similar. I will make these again but with refrigerated pizza crust. Good and what's better, they were a nice room temp food to toss into the kids' lunch.

Follow me on Facebook!
@whats4supp (yes this one has two "p"s. Oversight)

Follow me on Instagram!
@whats4sup

Follow me wherever you want!

You can't follow me on Twitter because I don't know how to use that.

Email me snarky comments!
whatsforsup@yahoo.com

Supper

Post a Comment

0 Comments